Tinnitus is the ringing in one or both of your ears. If you are hearing buzzing, roaring, or whistling then you may be experiencing tinnitus. It is more common than people think. About 15% to 20% of individuals are affected by this especially older adults. For some tinnitus comes and go, for others it is permanent.
Tinnitus and hearing aids can go hand and hand since the former can cause hearing loss. Hearing aids can help an individual with their tinnitus. First off, hearing aids will restore the stimulation that the brain was missing. Second, they allow you to hear background noise. Lastly, they help reduce stress, which can make your tinnitus worse.
How Can I Reduce My Tinnitus Symptoms?
There are many different types of hearing aids that can help reduce your tinnitus symptoms. It all depends on which one works best for you. Below are 5 hearing aids perfect for those suffering from tinnitus:
- Phonak Lyric
- Is completely invisible
- Placed near eardrum
- For mild to moderate severe hearing loss
- Starkey Livio Edge Al
- Rechargeable hearing aids
- Can be worn in or behind the ear
- Artificial intelligence is used to improve sound quality and speech audibility
- Connects to two apps available on smartphones (IPhone, Android)
- Uses masking sound therapy to diminish sounds caused by tinnitus
- Over $5,000
- Oction More
- Comes with Oticon Sound Support which plays relief sounds (ocean waves, white noise)
- Able to control sound through the Oticon On app (IPhone, Android)
- Supports brain health and increases speech understanding
- Over $5,000
- Signia Silk X
- Small hearing aids in ear canal
- Disposable batteries that last 7 days
- Can steam music and phone calls
- Connects through an app where you can control volume and other settings
- Comes with Notch Therapy, identifies the tinnitus frequency and lowers it so that the sounds from the tinnitus fades into the background
- ReSound One
- In ear hearing aid
- Six microphones
- Comes with ReSound relief app which provides sound therapy options you can customize and relaxation exercises (IPhone, Android)
If you lost your hearing due to tinnitus and are in need of a hearing aid in Miami, call the professionals at New Generation Hearing Center for a free consultation today!